Dec 3, 2013, 3:18 PM EDT
Rexall Sports Corporation, the Edmonton Oilers and Rogers Communications today announced the new home of the Edmonton Oilers will be named Rogers Place. A milestone for the new downtown Edmonton arena, Rogers Place is set to open its doors for the 2016 NHL season.
This announcement extends the unprecedented 13-year telecommunications sponsorship deal signed at the beginning of this season which includes extensive brand and advertising placements, arena signage, concourse, rink, in-ice, in-bowl and in-game applications.
So the NHL will soon have two Rogers-branded rinks, the other being Rogers Arena in Vancouver.
Rogers also signed a wee TV deal with the NHL last week.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5