Dec 3, 2013, 3:18 PM EDT
Rexall Sports Corporation, the Edmonton Oilers and Rogers Communications today announced the new home of the Edmonton Oilers will be named Rogers Place. A milestone for the new downtown Edmonton arena, Rogers Place is set to open its doors for the 2016 NHL season.
This announcement extends the unprecedented 13-year telecommunications sponsorship deal signed at the beginning of this season which includes extensive brand and advertising placements, arena signage, concourse, rink, in-ice, in-bowl and in-game applications.
So the NHL will soon have two Rogers-branded rinks, the other being Rogers Arena in Vancouver.
Rogers also signed a wee TV deal with the NHL last week.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40