Dec 3, 2013, 3:18 PM EDT
Rexall Sports Corporation, the Edmonton Oilers and Rogers Communications today announced the new home of the Edmonton Oilers will be named Rogers Place. A milestone for the new downtown Edmonton arena, Rogers Place is set to open its doors for the 2016 NHL season.
This announcement extends the unprecedented 13-year telecommunications sponsorship deal signed at the beginning of this season which includes extensive brand and advertising placements, arena signage, concourse, rink, in-ice, in-bowl and in-game applications.
So the NHL will soon have two Rogers-branded rinks, the other being Rogers Arena in Vancouver.
Rogers also signed a wee TV deal with the NHL last week.
- BREAKING: Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 20
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 20
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 12
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 2
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 43
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 27
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 49
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)