Dec 3, 2013, 3:18 PM EST
Rexall Sports Corporation, the Edmonton Oilers and Rogers Communications today announced the new home of the Edmonton Oilers will be named Rogers Place. A milestone for the new downtown Edmonton arena, Rogers Place is set to open its doors for the 2016 NHL season.
This announcement extends the unprecedented 13-year telecommunications sponsorship deal signed at the beginning of this season which includes extensive brand and advertising placements, arena signage, concourse, rink, in-ice, in-bowl and in-game applications.
So the NHL will soon have two Rogers-branded rinks, the other being Rogers Arena in Vancouver.
Rogers also signed a wee TV deal with the NHL last week.
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35