Dec 3, 2013, 10:07 PM EDT
Sidney Crosby scored the last two goals of Tuesday’s game against the New York Islanders, including the overtime game-winner that extended the Isles’ skid to seven games (while giving Pittsburgh four wins in a row).
Here’s the game-tying goal:
And then there is Crosby’s game-winner:
Evgeni Malkin generated a nice night of his own, assisting on two goals. Malkin now has a ridiculous 16-game point streak, with 27 in that span (four goals, 23 assists).
Islanders fans can blame plenty of people, but Kyle Okposo (two goals) and John Tavares (two assists) probably shouldn’t be on that list. One might argue that Anders Nilsson earned a start or two from struggling goalie Kevin Poulin, as Nilsson put up respectable numbers (31 out of 34 saves).
It’s hard to imagine things getting better for the Islanders, who only have four wins since Nov. 1 (two of which came via shootouts). They face a five-game road trip against playoff-caliber Western Conference teams starting on Thursday … so things could get even uglier.
- Kopitar + adorable dog = best day with the Stanley Cup? 3
- With Dubinsky locked up, Jackets next task is re-signing Johansen 6
- Lightning sign Brenden Morrow for one year 31
- Jackets sign Dubinsky through 2020-21 39
- AHL’s new overtime rules include 3-on-3 play 27
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration 72
- Armstrong lays out what Blues offered KHL-bound Sobotka 15
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 35
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 62
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 171
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (171)
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration (72)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal (62)
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery (59)