Dec 3, 2013, 10:07 AM EDT
Vancouver Canucks forward Alex Burrows was struck in the face when teammate Chris Tanev attempted to clear the puck midway through the second period of their 3-2 victory over the Carolina Hurricanes on Sunday.
Here is the play in question:
Vancouver is hoping to have him back in about a month, although for now he’s being regarded as out indefinitely.
The 32-year-old forward recorded between 26 and 35 goals in each campaign from 2008-09 to 2011-12, but this season is turning into one he’d like to forget. He missed most of October because of a foot injury and hasn’t found the back of the net in the 17 games he has been healthy enough to play in.
With a 14-10-5 record, Vancouver is just one point behind the Phoenix Coyotes in the battle for the second Wild Card spot in the Western Conference, but the Canucks have played in three extra games. Vancouver will attempt to turn its victory over Carolina into the start of a winning streak against Nashville tonight.
Update (12:31 p.m. ET)
Apr 18, 2014, 2:10 PM EDT
Usually he reserves that word for his own team.
Apr 18, 2014, 2:02 PM EDT
“It wasn’t very appropriate at all.”
Apr 18, 2014, 1:43 PM EDT
“It’s a good step,” he said.
Apr 18, 2014, 1:25 PM EDT
Apr 18, 2014, 12:53 PM EDT
Rookie goalie Frederik Andersen made 32 stops for Anaheim in Game 1.
Apr 18, 2014, 12:05 PM EDT
Catch the game tonight on NBCSN at 7:30 p.m. ET.
Apr 18, 2014, 11:59 AM EDT
Andrew Barroway has company in his pursuit of Charles Wang’s (pictured) Brooklyn-bound team.
Apr 18, 2014, 11:58 AM EDT
Suggesting they’ll hold onto the fifth overall selection at this year’s draft.
Apr 18, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
That would be the gesture right there.
Apr 18, 2014, 11:18 AM EDT
More adversity for Tampa Bay.
Apr 18, 2014, 10:49 AM EDT
“Luckily he’s married.”
Apr 18, 2014, 10:45 AM EDT
Plus a look at Game 2 of the Bolts-Habs and Stars-Ducks series.
Apr 18, 2014, 10:08 AM EDT
He’ll try to end the year on an up note.
Apr 18, 2014, 9:22 AM EDT
They’re not intimidated by the Penguins.
Apr 18, 2014, 8:24 AM EDT
Three games will keep your Friday night occupied.
Apr 18, 2014, 2:27 AM EDT
But it’s one game.
Apr 18, 2014, 1:37 AM EDT
Apr 18, 2014, 1:21 AM EDT
Things got interesting in the third period.
Apr 18, 2014, 12:53 AM EDT
Apr 18, 2014, 12:46 AM EDT
Yeah, not a good night for him.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 31
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 15
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 11
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 57
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1