Dec 3, 2013, 9:08 PM EDT
Reigning Vezina Trophy winner Sergei Bobrovsky needed help off the ice during the Columbus Blue Jackets’ Tuesday game against the Tampa Bay Lightning.
The Columbus Dispatch’s Aaron Portzline reports that Bobrovsky was unable to put any weight on his leg. Here’s a little bit more on the save that hurt the 25-year-old.
There was no contact on that save. Bobrovsky was skating backward after glove save, left leg on post behind him. Did not look awkward.
— Aaron Portzline (@Aportzline) December 4, 2013
Bobrovsky stopped all 18 Lightning shots he faced before being injured. Curtis McElhinney comes into action with the goal of nursing a 1-0 lead into a win.
It’s early, so no word on whether it’s a serious injury. While “Bob” isn’t likely to threaten for back-to-back Vezina nods, he’s still a key piece for the Blue Jackets, so they have to hope this is minor.
Update: Here’s video of the injury.
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 14
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 10
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 11
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 96
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (96)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)