Dec 3, 2013, 9:08 PM EDT
Reigning Vezina Trophy winner Sergei Bobrovsky needed help off the ice during the Columbus Blue Jackets’ Tuesday game against the Tampa Bay Lightning.
The Columbus Dispatch’s Aaron Portzline reports that Bobrovsky was unable to put any weight on his leg. Here’s a little bit more on the save that hurt the 25-year-old.
There was no contact on that save. Bobrovsky was skating backward after glove save, left leg on post behind him. Did not look awkward.
— Aaron Portzline (@Aportzline) December 4, 2013
Bobrovsky stopped all 18 Lightning shots he faced before being injured. Curtis McElhinney comes into action with the goal of nursing a 1-0 lead into a win.
It’s early, so no word on whether it’s a serious injury. While “Bob” isn’t likely to threaten for back-to-back Vezina nods, he’s still a key piece for the Blue Jackets, so they have to hope this is minor.
Update: Here’s video of the injury.
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 6
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 1
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 22
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 35
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)