Dec 3, 2013, 9:08 PM EDT
Reigning Vezina Trophy winner Sergei Bobrovsky needed help off the ice during the Columbus Blue Jackets’ Tuesday game against the Tampa Bay Lightning.
The Columbus Dispatch’s Aaron Portzline reports that Bobrovsky was unable to put any weight on his leg. Here’s a little bit more on the save that hurt the 25-year-old.
There was no contact on that save. Bobrovsky was skating backward after glove save, left leg on post behind him. Did not look awkward.
— Aaron Portzline (@Aportzline) December 4, 2013
Bobrovsky stopped all 18 Lightning shots he faced before being injured. Curtis McElhinney comes into action with the goal of nursing a 1-0 lead into a win.
It’s early, so no word on whether it’s a serious injury. While “Bob” isn’t likely to threaten for back-to-back Vezina nods, he’s still a key piece for the Blue Jackets, so they have to hope this is minor.
Update: Here’s video of the injury.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (60)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)