Dec 3, 2013, 9:08 PM EDT
Reigning Vezina Trophy winner Sergei Bobrovsky needed help off the ice during the Columbus Blue Jackets’ Tuesday game against the Tampa Bay Lightning.
The Columbus Dispatch’s Aaron Portzline reports that Bobrovsky was unable to put any weight on his leg. Here’s a little bit more on the save that hurt the 25-year-old.
There was no contact on that save. Bobrovsky was skating backward after glove save, left leg on post behind him. Did not look awkward.
— Aaron Portzline (@Aportzline) December 4, 2013
Bobrovsky stopped all 18 Lightning shots he faced before being injured. Curtis McElhinney comes into action with the goal of nursing a 1-0 lead into a win.
It’s early, so no word on whether it’s a serious injury. While “Bob” isn’t likely to threaten for back-to-back Vezina nods, he’s still a key piece for the Blue Jackets, so they have to hope this is minor.
Update: Here’s video of the injury.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)