Dec 3, 2013, 1:29 AM EDT
The St. Louis Blues’ losing streak at Staples Center in L.A. continues.
After dropping three straight in L.A. during the 2013 Stanley Cup playoffs, the Blues fell to the Kings by a final score of 3-2 to close out the NHL schedule for Monday.
In fact, that’s four straight games in which the Blues have lost by just a single goal in Staples Center.
In this one, the Blues spotted the Kings a three-goal lead before trying to make a furious comeback in the later stages of the third.
Kevin Shattenkirk got the Blues on the board late in the third, and Vladimir Tarasenko made it a one-goal game with 16 seconds remaining, making for an exciting finish to this match-up between two teams that have met in the playoffs each of the last two springs.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (36)