Dec 3, 2013, 1:29 AM EDT
The St. Louis Blues’ losing streak at Staples Center in L.A. continues.
After dropping three straight in L.A. during the 2013 Stanley Cup playoffs, the Blues fell to the Kings by a final score of 3-2 to close out the NHL schedule for Monday.
In fact, that’s four straight games in which the Blues have lost by just a single goal in Staples Center.
In this one, the Blues spotted the Kings a three-goal lead before trying to make a furious comeback in the later stages of the third.
Kevin Shattenkirk got the Blues on the board late in the third, and Vladimir Tarasenko made it a one-goal game with 16 seconds remaining, making for an exciting finish to this match-up between two teams that have met in the playoffs each of the last two springs.
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 0
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 1
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 19
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 8
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 16
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 71
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (71)