Dec 3, 2013, 1:29 AM EST
The St. Louis Blues’ losing streak at Staples Center in L.A. continues.
After dropping three straight in L.A. during the 2013 Stanley Cup playoffs, the Blues fell to the Kings by a final score of 3-2 to close out the NHL schedule for Monday.
In fact, that’s four straight games in which the Blues have lost by just a single goal in Staples Center.
In this one, the Blues spotted the Kings a three-goal lead before trying to make a furious comeback in the later stages of the third.
Kevin Shattenkirk got the Blues on the board late in the third, and Vladimir Tarasenko made it a one-goal game with 16 seconds remaining, making for an exciting finish to this match-up between two teams that have met in the playoffs each of the last two springs.
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 29
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 64
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 37
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (65)