Dec 3, 2013, 1:29 AM EDT
The St. Louis Blues’ losing streak at Staples Center in L.A. continues.
After dropping three straight in L.A. during the 2013 Stanley Cup playoffs, the Blues fell to the Kings by a final score of 3-2 to close out the NHL schedule for Monday.
In fact, that’s four straight games in which the Blues have lost by just a single goal in Staples Center.
In this one, the Blues spotted the Kings a three-goal lead before trying to make a furious comeback in the later stages of the third.
Kevin Shattenkirk got the Blues on the board late in the third, and Vladimir Tarasenko made it a one-goal game with 16 seconds remaining, making for an exciting finish to this match-up between two teams that have met in the playoffs each of the last two springs.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 5
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 46
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)