Dec 3, 2013, 1:29 AM EDT
The St. Louis Blues’ losing streak at Staples Center in L.A. continues.
After dropping three straight in L.A. during the 2013 Stanley Cup playoffs, the Blues fell to the Kings by a final score of 3-2 to close out the NHL schedule for Monday.
In fact, that’s four straight games in which the Blues have lost by just a single goal in Staples Center.
In this one, the Blues spotted the Kings a three-goal lead before trying to make a furious comeback in the later stages of the third.
Kevin Shattenkirk got the Blues on the board late in the third, and Vladimir Tarasenko made it a one-goal game with 16 seconds remaining, making for an exciting finish to this match-up between two teams that have met in the playoffs each of the last two springs.
- In praise of John Tavares 3
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 12
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 12
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 53
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31