Dec 2, 2013, 9:24 PM EDT
Minnesota Wild winger Mike Rupp received a cut next to his left eye in a fight with Philadelphia Flyers forward Jay Rosehill and had to go off for repairs, according to Michael Russo of the Minneapolis Star Tribune.
The fight occurred immediately off a faceoff just 3:30 into the second period of Monday’s game between the Wild and Flyers. The two traded heavy punches.
The scrap may have been brewing after a physical first period between the two teams.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5