Dec 2, 2013, 11:01 PM EDT
It didn’t take long for the Philadelphia Flyers to suddenly find themselves in a hole against the Minnesota Wild on Monday.
And just like that, the Flyers were down. Finding any kind of scoring attack after falling behind proved difficult – too difficult in this case.
The Flyers had 11 shots in the third period – one more than they had in the first two periods – but couldn’t beat Wild goalie Josh Harding, who made 21 saves for his third shutout of the season.
The Wild only managed six shots in the final 20 minutes, but managed to beat Ray Emery twice.
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 26
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 16
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 37
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 8
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 44
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 105
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (89)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)