Dec 2, 2013, 11:01 PM EDT
It didn’t take long for the Philadelphia Flyers to suddenly find themselves in a hole against the Minnesota Wild on Monday.
And just like that, the Flyers were down. Finding any kind of scoring attack after falling behind proved difficult – too difficult in this case.
The Flyers had 11 shots in the third period – one more than they had in the first two periods – but couldn’t beat Wild goalie Josh Harding, who made 21 saves for his third shutout of the season.
The Wild only managed six shots in the final 20 minutes, but managed to beat Ray Emery twice.
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 2
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 23
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 30
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 34
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)