Dec 2, 2013, 11:01 PM EST
It didn’t take long for the Philadelphia Flyers to suddenly find themselves in a hole against the Minnesota Wild on Monday.
And just like that, the Flyers were down. Finding any kind of scoring attack after falling behind proved difficult – too difficult in this case.
The Flyers had 11 shots in the third period – one more than they had in the first two periods – but couldn’t beat Wild goalie Josh Harding, who made 21 saves for his third shutout of the season.
The Wild only managed six shots in the final 20 minutes, but managed to beat Ray Emery twice.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 2
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 9
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 10
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 17
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)