Dec 2, 2013, 11:01 PM EDT
It didn’t take long for the Philadelphia Flyers to suddenly find themselves in a hole against the Minnesota Wild on Monday.
And just like that, the Flyers were down. Finding any kind of scoring attack after falling behind proved difficult – too difficult in this case.
The Flyers had 11 shots in the third period – one more than they had in the first two periods – but couldn’t beat Wild goalie Josh Harding, who made 21 saves for his third shutout of the season.
The Wild only managed six shots in the final 20 minutes, but managed to beat Ray Emery twice.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5