Dec 2, 2013, 11:19 AM EST
With just two wins in their last eight games, the Ottawa Senators shook things up on Monday by recalling Mike Hoffman — the AHL’s second-leading scorer — from Binghamton.
Hoffman, 24, was Ottawa’s fifth-round pick at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft and has appeared in four NHL contests over the last three seasons. He has been on fire for Binghamton this season, scoring 26 points in 21 games to sit second in American League scoring — only Texas’ Travis Morin (29 in 19 games) has more.
Hoffman was serving as Binghamton’s captain at the time of his recall.
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 14
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 25
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 29
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 53
- NHL watching 3-on-3 OT in the AHL closely 12
- Sens’ Murray hopes to bring cancer awareness 5
- Pens’ Dupuis has blood clot in lung, out six months 25
- It’s not all Carlyle’s fault, but the Leafs’ coach is failing at his job 12
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers host Flyers on Rivalry Night 4
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (53)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- Bettman calls Panthers relocation speculation ‘unfounded’ (36)