Dec 2, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
With just two wins in their last eight games, the Ottawa Senators shook things up on Monday by recalling Mike Hoffman — the AHL’s second-leading scorer — from Binghamton.
Hoffman, 24, was Ottawa’s fifth-round pick at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft and has appeared in four NHL contests over the last three seasons. He has been on fire for Binghamton this season, scoring 26 points in 21 games to sit second in American League scoring — only Texas’ Travis Morin (29 in 19 games) has more.
Hoffman was serving as Binghamton’s captain at the time of his recall.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 6
- Five big games to watch this weekend 6
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 33
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 15
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 55
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (55)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)