Dec 2, 2013, 11:19 AM EST
With just two wins in their last eight games, the Ottawa Senators shook things up on Monday by recalling Mike Hoffman — the AHL’s second-leading scorer — from Binghamton.
Hoffman, 24, was Ottawa’s fifth-round pick at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft and has appeared in four NHL contests over the last three seasons. He has been on fire for Binghamton this season, scoring 26 points in 21 games to sit second in American League scoring — only Texas’ Travis Morin (29 in 19 games) has more.
Hoffman was serving as Binghamton’s captain at the time of his recall.
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 3
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 46
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 72
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 74
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (72)