Dec 2, 2013, 11:19 AM EST
With just two wins in their last eight games, the Ottawa Senators shook things up on Monday by recalling Mike Hoffman — the AHL’s second-leading scorer — from Binghamton.
Hoffman, 24, was Ottawa’s fifth-round pick at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft and has appeared in four NHL contests over the last three seasons. He has been on fire for Binghamton this season, scoring 26 points in 21 games to sit second in American League scoring — only Texas’ Travis Morin (29 in 19 games) has more.
Hoffman was serving as Binghamton’s captain at the time of his recall.
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 0
- Devils fire DeBoer 12
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 2
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 12
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 9
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 30
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)