Dec 2, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
With just two wins in their last eight games, the Ottawa Senators shook things up on Monday by recalling Mike Hoffman — the AHL’s second-leading scorer — from Binghamton.
Hoffman, 24, was Ottawa’s fifth-round pick at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft and has appeared in four NHL contests over the last three seasons. He has been on fire for Binghamton this season, scoring 26 points in 21 games to sit second in American League scoring — only Texas’ Travis Morin (29 in 19 games) has more.
Hoffman was serving as Binghamton’s captain at the time of his recall.
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 1
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 38
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 5
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 3
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 47
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 17
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 54
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)