Dec 2, 2013, 11:37 AM EDT
Monday is shaping up to be a showcase day for the American Hockey League.
Morin, 29, has 29 points through 19 games this year with Texas — three points ahead of Hoffman, who has 21 points through 26 games for Binghamton. Morin’s offensive ability could provide some relief in the wake of concussion symptoms currently being suffered by Dallas’ leading scorer, Tyler Seguin, though the Stars cleared room on the active roster by putting a defenseman, veteran Aaron Rome, on injured reserve with a lower-body ailment.
Morin has appeared in three games for Dallas this season, posting two shots and a plus-1 rating. The former Washington draftee has always been a quality scorer at the AHL level but has failed to find his niche in the bigs, appearing in just six career NHL contests.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (160)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)