Dec 2, 2013, 11:37 AM EDT
Monday is shaping up to be a showcase day for the American Hockey League.
Morin, 29, has 29 points through 19 games this year with Texas — three points ahead of Hoffman, who has 21 points through 26 games for Binghamton. Morin’s offensive ability could provide some relief in the wake of concussion symptoms currently being suffered by Dallas’ leading scorer, Tyler Seguin, though the Stars cleared room on the active roster by putting a defenseman, veteran Aaron Rome, on injured reserve with a lower-body ailment.
Morin has appeared in three games for Dallas this season, posting two shots and a plus-1 rating. The former Washington draftee has always been a quality scorer at the AHL level but has failed to find his niche in the bigs, appearing in just six career NHL contests.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 33
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6