Dec 2, 2013, 11:37 AM EST
Monday is shaping up to be a showcase day for the American Hockey League.
Morin, 29, has 29 points through 19 games this year with Texas — three points ahead of Hoffman, who has 21 points through 26 games for Binghamton. Morin’s offensive ability could provide some relief in the wake of concussion symptoms currently being suffered by Dallas’ leading scorer, Tyler Seguin, though the Stars cleared room on the active roster by putting a defenseman, veteran Aaron Rome, on injured reserve with a lower-body ailment.
Morin has appeared in three games for Dallas this season, posting two shots and a plus-1 rating. The former Washington draftee has always been a quality scorer at the AHL level but has failed to find his niche in the bigs, appearing in just six career NHL contests.
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 11
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 14
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 12
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 1
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 23
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 33