Dec 2, 2013, 5:29 PM EDT
Weber already missed Saturday’s 3-2 shootout loss to Philadelphia with the injury; the 28-year-old defenseman was forced to leave Thursday’s game versus Edmonton after being struck in the face with a puck.
It’s not clear how long Weber will remain out of Nashville’s lineup, but his absence against Vancouver marks an opportunity for the veteran Canucks to finish their road trip with a third victory in four tries.
Not that the Preds played poorly Saturday; in fact, they outshot Philadelphia, 36-24.
“Our goal was just to play our game; it doesn’t matter who is out,” said d-man Roman Josi, who played around half the game in Weber’s absence. “Just keep playing how we’re playing, and I thought we played solid. They didn’t have many chances.”
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 38
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 0
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 24
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 112
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7