Dec 2, 2013, 12:19 PM EDT
Evgeni Malkin had himself a nice little November.
Malkin earned first star honors on the strength of nine points in four games — in which the Pens went 3-0-1 — and led all NHL skaters in scoring. Malkin notched one assist in a 4-3 OT loss to Boston, 2G-1A in a 6-5 shootout win over Toronto, one assist in a 3-0 win over Tampa and then exploded for 1G-3A in a 5-1 win over Florida. As a result, Malkin now leads the NHL in assists (28) and sits second with 35 points, trailing Pittsburgh teammate and captain Sidney Crosby.
Second star went to Kronwall, who registered three multi-point games as the Detroit went undefeated last week. The Swedish rearguard went for 1G-1A against Boston and notched two assists against both the Islanders and Senators, and now has nine points over his last six games and a five-game assist streak. Overall, Kronwall sits fourth among NHL defensemen with 21 points through 26 games this year.
Third star went to Keith, who tied Malkin for the league lead with six assists last week. His production helped the ‘Hawks win four straight, closing out their annual Circus Trip in style by finishing the lengthy road swing atop the NHL standings. Keith recorded at least one helper in wins over Edmonton, Calgary, Dallas and Phoenix and now leads all NHL defensemen in assists, with 23. Last week’s scoring bonanza also moved him past Kronwall into second on the NHL defenseman scoring list — Keith now has 24 points in 28 games this year, trailing only Ottawa’s Erik Karlsson (27 points).
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)