Dec 2, 2013, 12:19 PM EDT
Evgeni Malkin had himself a nice little November.
Malkin earned first star honors on the strength of nine points in four games — in which the Pens went 3-0-1 — and led all NHL skaters in scoring. Malkin notched one assist in a 4-3 OT loss to Boston, 2G-1A in a 6-5 shootout win over Toronto, one assist in a 3-0 win over Tampa and then exploded for 1G-3A in a 5-1 win over Florida. As a result, Malkin now leads the NHL in assists (28) and sits second with 35 points, trailing Pittsburgh teammate and captain Sidney Crosby.
Second star went to Kronwall, who registered three multi-point games as the Detroit went undefeated last week. The Swedish rearguard went for 1G-1A against Boston and notched two assists against both the Islanders and Senators, and now has nine points over his last six games and a five-game assist streak. Overall, Kronwall sits fourth among NHL defensemen with 21 points through 26 games this year.
Third star went to Keith, who tied Malkin for the league lead with six assists last week. His production helped the ‘Hawks win four straight, closing out their annual Circus Trip in style by finishing the lengthy road swing atop the NHL standings. Keith recorded at least one helper in wins over Edmonton, Calgary, Dallas and Phoenix and now leads all NHL defensemen in assists, with 23. Last week’s scoring bonanza also moved him past Kronwall into second on the NHL defenseman scoring list — Keith now has 24 points in 28 games this year, trailing only Ottawa’s Erik Karlsson (27 points).
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 69
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)