Dec 2, 2013, 2:19 PM EST
The Flyers will be without their leading goalscorer tonight against the Wild.
Vinny Lecavalier, who tops the team with nine tallies through 22 games this season, is out with back spasms. Lecavalier reportedly suffered the injury in the third period of Saturday’s win over the Predators, yet managed to skate through the remainder of the frame — and overtime — before potting the winning goal in the shootout.
Lecavalier, 33, has slowed down a bit after scoring seven points in eight October games to start the year. He has just one point in his last four contests, is minus-3 in November and has failed to record a shot on goal in each of his last two games.
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 37
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (56)