Dec 2, 2013, 2:19 PM EDT
The Flyers will be without their leading goalscorer tonight against the Wild.
Vinny Lecavalier, who tops the team with nine tallies through 22 games this season, is out with back spasms. Lecavalier reportedly suffered the injury in the third period of Saturday’s win over the Predators, yet managed to skate through the remainder of the frame — and overtime — before potting the winning goal in the shootout.
Lecavalier, 33, has slowed down a bit after scoring seven points in eight October games to start the year. He has just one point in his last four contests, is minus-3 in November and has failed to record a shot on goal in each of his last two games.
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 3
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Nolan skates Sabres, says the time for ‘taking it easy is over’ 38
- Report: Gryba, Tropp avoid punishment after getting tossed for hits 6
- What they’re saying about the Sabres (and it’s not good) 23
- NHL on NBCSN: Caps, Red Wings battle after hotly contested 13-14 series 5
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)