Dec 2, 2013, 2:19 PM EST
The Flyers will be without their leading goalscorer tonight against the Wild.
Vinny Lecavalier, who tops the team with nine tallies through 22 games this season, is out with back spasms. Lecavalier reportedly suffered the injury in the third period of Saturday’s win over the Predators, yet managed to skate through the remainder of the frame — and overtime — before potting the winning goal in the shootout.
Lecavalier, 33, has slowed down a bit after scoring seven points in eight October games to start the year. He has just one point in his last four contests, is minus-3 in November and has failed to record a shot on goal in each of his last two games.
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 4
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 4
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 4
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)