Dec 2, 2013, 2:19 PM EDT
The Flyers will be without their leading goalscorer tonight against the Wild.
Vinny Lecavalier, who tops the team with nine tallies through 22 games this season, is out with back spasms. Lecavalier reportedly suffered the injury in the third period of Saturday’s win over the Predators, yet managed to skate through the remainder of the frame — and overtime — before potting the winning goal in the shootout.
Lecavalier, 33, has slowed down a bit after scoring seven points in eight October games to start the year. He has just one point in his last four contests, is minus-3 in November and has failed to record a shot on goal in each of his last two games.
- TGIF: In which we salivate over potential playoff matchups 10
- Backstrom to receive silver medal, IOC says Sweden doctor ‘made a serious error’ 26
- Pens lose Neal to concussion 49
- Here are the top 10 and bottom 10 goalies in even-strength save percentage 19
- Weekend preview: Flyers-Pens rivalry renewed, Bruins look to stay hot 11
- Video: Stamkos scores first goal since returning to Lightning lineup 4
- Sedin backs Tortorella and staff: ‘We love playing for these coaches’ 26
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider 98
- Callahan: I wanted to stay in New York 40
- Playoff bubble watch — Wild edition 18
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (98)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (73)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)