Dec 2, 2013, 2:19 PM EDT
The Flyers will be without their leading goalscorer tonight against the Wild.
Vinny Lecavalier, who tops the team with nine tallies through 22 games this season, is out with back spasms. Lecavalier reportedly suffered the injury in the third period of Saturday’s win over the Predators, yet managed to skate through the remainder of the frame — and overtime — before potting the winning goal in the shootout.
Lecavalier, 33, has slowed down a bit after scoring seven points in eight October games to start the year. He has just one point in his last four contests, is minus-3 in November and has failed to record a shot on goal in each of his last two games.
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 0
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 13
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 20
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12