Dec 2, 2013, 10:02 PM EDT
On the road, the Winnipeg Jets were the dominant team in the third period of a tied hockey game against the New York Rangers.
The Jets are still trying to fight their way back into the playoff picture in the Central Division, and have won three of their last four games as they continue the back half of their six-game trip through the Eastern Conference.
This little streak has brought the Jets up to 30 points, which, for the moment, put them five back of the Minnesota Wild for that fourth spot in the Central.
Meanwhile, the Rangers just can’t seem to get on a winning track. The loss drops them back to the .500 mark, with a 14-14-0 record in the Metropolitan Division.
Their recent trend over the last five games: Loss, win, loss, win, loss.
“Is this a .500 (hockey) club? We’re certainly playing like one right now,” said Rangers head coach Alain Vigneault afterward, according to Katie Strang of ESPN.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 0
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 25
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)