Dec 2, 2013, 10:02 PM EDT
On the road, the Winnipeg Jets were the dominant team in the third period of a tied hockey game against the New York Rangers.
The Jets are still trying to fight their way back into the playoff picture in the Central Division, and have won three of their last four games as they continue the back half of their six-game trip through the Eastern Conference.
This little streak has brought the Jets up to 30 points, which, for the moment, put them five back of the Minnesota Wild for that fourth spot in the Central.
Meanwhile, the Rangers just can’t seem to get on a winning track. The loss drops them back to the .500 mark, with a 14-14-0 record in the Metropolitan Division.
Their recent trend over the last five games: Loss, win, loss, win, loss.
“Is this a .500 (hockey) club? We’re certainly playing like one right now,” said Rangers head coach Alain Vigneault afterward, according to Katie Strang of ESPN.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 1
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 3
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 10
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 34
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)