Dec 2, 2013, 10:02 PM EDT
On the road, the Winnipeg Jets were the dominant team in the third period of a tied hockey game against the New York Rangers.
The Jets are still trying to fight their way back into the playoff picture in the Central Division, and have won three of their last four games as they continue the back half of their six-game trip through the Eastern Conference.
This little streak has brought the Jets up to 30 points, which, for the moment, put them five back of the Minnesota Wild for that fourth spot in the Central.
Meanwhile, the Rangers just can’t seem to get on a winning track. The loss drops them back to the .500 mark, with a 14-14-0 record in the Metropolitan Division.
Their recent trend over the last five games: Loss, win, loss, win, loss.
“Is this a .500 (hockey) club? We’re certainly playing like one right now,” said Rangers head coach Alain Vigneault afterward, according to Katie Strang of ESPN.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 18
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 10
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 40
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)