Dec 2, 2013, 10:02 PM EDT
On the road, the Winnipeg Jets were the dominant team in the third period of a tied hockey game against the New York Rangers.
The Jets are still trying to fight their way back into the playoff picture in the Central Division, and have won three of their last four games as they continue the back half of their six-game trip through the Eastern Conference.
This little streak has brought the Jets up to 30 points, which, for the moment, put them five back of the Minnesota Wild for that fourth spot in the Central.
Meanwhile, the Rangers just can’t seem to get on a winning track. The loss drops them back to the .500 mark, with a 14-14-0 record in the Metropolitan Division.
Their recent trend over the last five games: Loss, win, loss, win, loss.
“Is this a .500 (hockey) club? We’re certainly playing like one right now,” said Rangers head coach Alain Vigneault afterward, according to Katie Strang of ESPN.
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 1
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 5
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 9
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 1
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)