Dec 2, 2013, 10:02 PM EST
On the road, the Winnipeg Jets were the dominant team in the third period of a tied hockey game against the New York Rangers.
The Jets are still trying to fight their way back into the playoff picture in the Central Division, and have won three of their last four games as they continue the back half of their six-game trip through the Eastern Conference.
This little streak has brought the Jets up to 30 points, which, for the moment, put them five back of the Minnesota Wild for that fourth spot in the Central.
Meanwhile, the Rangers just can’t seem to get on a winning track. The loss drops them back to the .500 mark, with a 14-14-0 record in the Metropolitan Division.
Their recent trend over the last five games: Loss, win, loss, win, loss.
“Is this a .500 (hockey) club? We’re certainly playing like one right now,” said Rangers head coach Alain Vigneault afterward, according to Katie Strang of ESPN.
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 21
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 0
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 36
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 2
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 5
- Devils fire DeBoer 21
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)