Dec 2, 2013, 2:40 PM EDT
All the news and notes from around the crease…
Flyers turn to Sugar Ray
Ray Emery will be in goal tonight when Philly takes on the Wild in Minnesota.
Emery is 3-2-0 with a 1.42 GAA and. 947 save percentage in his last five starts, but is coming off a loss to Tampa Bay last Wednesday (in which he played well, stopping 31 of 34 shots). It’ll be interesting to see how he fares against a Wild team that has struggled offensively as of late, scoring just four goals over its last four games.
Speaking of the Wild, Josh Harding will be in goal. He last played in a 3-2 shootout loss to Colorado on Saturday, stopping 23 of 25 shots.
Brodeur goes for Devils
Denis Brodeur was a longtime team photographer for the Canadiens, and Martin’s starts against the Habs have always carried a special narrative because of that. As such, Monday’s game promises to be especially poignant.
Brodeur hasn’t played in a while — Cory Schneider went back-to-back in wins over Carolina and Buffalo — so it’ll be curious to see how Brodeur reacts to an extended time off. The veteran netminder will be up against Carey Price in the Habs’ goal.
— Ben Scrivens is confirmed for L.A. tonight vs. St. Louis, but the Blues have yet to announce who the starter will be.
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 0
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 21
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 7
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 5
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 4
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 48
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)