Dec 2, 2013, 2:40 PM EDT
All the news and notes from around the crease…
Flyers turn to Sugar Ray
Ray Emery will be in goal tonight when Philly takes on the Wild in Minnesota.
Emery is 3-2-0 with a 1.42 GAA and. 947 save percentage in his last five starts, but is coming off a loss to Tampa Bay last Wednesday (in which he played well, stopping 31 of 34 shots). It’ll be interesting to see how he fares against a Wild team that has struggled offensively as of late, scoring just four goals over its last four games.
Speaking of the Wild, Josh Harding will be in goal. He last played in a 3-2 shootout loss to Colorado on Saturday, stopping 23 of 25 shots.
Brodeur goes for Devils
Denis Brodeur was a longtime team photographer for the Canadiens, and Martin’s starts against the Habs have always carried a special narrative because of that. As such, Monday’s game promises to be especially poignant.
Brodeur hasn’t played in a while — Cory Schneider went back-to-back in wins over Carolina and Buffalo — so it’ll be curious to see how Brodeur reacts to an extended time off. The veteran netminder will be up against Carey Price in the Habs’ goal.
– Ben Scrivens is confirmed for L.A. tonight vs. St. Louis, but the Blues have yet to announce who the starter will be.
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 6
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 23
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 8
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42