Dec 2, 2013, 3:59 PM EDT
It doesn’t sound like Pavel Datsyuk will be back in Detroit’s lineup until the Red Wings have played a few more games without him.
Earlier today, Wings general manager Ken Holland texted MLive.com’s Ansar Khan to say that Datsyuk (concussion) would require “a good week of practice” before returning to game action. It’s not certain when he’ll start practicing either.
On the bright side, the Wings have won all four games that Datsyuk has missed, including Sunday’s 4-2 victory in Ottawa.
“We’re rolling four lines, everybody’s contributing and being a big part of our wins,” veteran forward Daniel Alfredsson said.
Detroit hosts Philadelphia Wednesday and travels to New Jersey for a game Friday.
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 24
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 10
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)