Dec 2, 2013, 3:59 PM EDT
It doesn’t sound like Pavel Datsyuk will be back in Detroit’s lineup until the Red Wings have played a few more games without him.
Earlier today, Wings general manager Ken Holland texted MLive.com’s Ansar Khan to say that Datsyuk (concussion) would require “a good week of practice” before returning to game action. It’s not certain when he’ll start practicing either.
On the bright side, the Wings have won all four games that Datsyuk has missed, including Sunday’s 4-2 victory in Ottawa.
“We’re rolling four lines, everybody’s contributing and being a big part of our wins,” veteran forward Daniel Alfredsson said.
Detroit hosts Philadelphia Wednesday and travels to New Jersey for a game Friday.
- Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 0
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 56
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 4
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 21
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 19
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (171)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)