Dec 2, 2013, 3:59 PM EDT
It doesn’t sound like Pavel Datsyuk will be back in Detroit’s lineup until the Red Wings have played a few more games without him.
Earlier today, Wings general manager Ken Holland texted MLive.com’s Ansar Khan to say that Datsyuk (concussion) would require “a good week of practice” before returning to game action. It’s not certain when he’ll start practicing either.
On the bright side, the Wings have won all four games that Datsyuk has missed, including Sunday’s 4-2 victory in Ottawa.
“We’re rolling four lines, everybody’s contributing and being a big part of our wins,” veteran forward Daniel Alfredsson said.
Detroit hosts Philadelphia Wednesday and travels to New Jersey for a game Friday.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 35
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 32
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 27
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 50
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35