Dec 2, 2013, 3:59 PM EDT
It doesn’t sound like Pavel Datsyuk will be back in Detroit’s lineup until the Red Wings have played a few more games without him.
Earlier today, Wings general manager Ken Holland texted MLive.com’s Ansar Khan to say that Datsyuk (concussion) would require “a good week of practice” before returning to game action. It’s not certain when he’ll start practicing either.
On the bright side, the Wings have won all four games that Datsyuk has missed, including Sunday’s 4-2 victory in Ottawa.
“We’re rolling four lines, everybody’s contributing and being a big part of our wins,” veteran forward Daniel Alfredsson said.
Detroit hosts Philadelphia Wednesday and travels to New Jersey for a game Friday.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 71
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 54
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 34
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)