Dec 2, 2013, 3:59 PM EDT
It doesn’t sound like Pavel Datsyuk will be back in Detroit’s lineup until the Red Wings have played a few more games without him.
Earlier today, Wings general manager Ken Holland texted MLive.com’s Ansar Khan to say that Datsyuk (concussion) would require “a good week of practice” before returning to game action. It’s not certain when he’ll start practicing either.
On the bright side, the Wings have won all four games that Datsyuk has missed, including Sunday’s 4-2 victory in Ottawa.
“We’re rolling four lines, everybody’s contributing and being a big part of our wins,” veteran forward Daniel Alfredsson said.
Detroit hosts Philadelphia Wednesday and travels to New Jersey for a game Friday.
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)