Dec 2, 2013, 10:45 AM EDT
Neuvirth, 25, was injured during warmup for Friday’s 3-2 shootout win over Montreal. He was supposed to make the start but exited just prior to puck drop, forcing Braden Holtby into action.
Video coach Brett Leonhardt was forced into action as an emergency No. 2 goalie for the Habs game, though the Caps have since called up Phillipp Grubauer from AHL Hershey to fill the backup void.
Neuvirth has been used sparingly this season as head coach Adam Oates has gone primarily with Holtby in net. In seven appearances, Neuvirth has a 2-3-1 record with a 2.83 GAA and .912 save percentage.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 6
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (59)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)