Dec 2, 2013, 10:45 AM EDT
Neuvirth, 25, was injured during warmup for Friday’s 3-2 shootout win over Montreal. He was supposed to make the start but exited just prior to puck drop, forcing Braden Holtby into action.
Video coach Brett Leonhardt was forced into action as an emergency No. 2 goalie for the Habs game, though the Caps have since called up Phillipp Grubauer from AHL Hershey to fill the backup void.
Neuvirth has been used sparingly this season as head coach Adam Oates has gone primarily with Holtby in net. In seven appearances, Neuvirth has a 2-3-1 record with a 2.83 GAA and .912 save percentage.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 16
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 14
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 27
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 60
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 60
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (60)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (60)