Dec 2, 2013, 10:45 AM EST
Neuvirth, 25, was injured during warmup for Friday’s 3-2 shootout win over Montreal. He was supposed to make the start but exited just prior to puck drop, forcing Braden Holtby into action.
Video coach Brett Leonhardt was forced into action as an emergency No. 2 goalie for the Habs game, though the Caps have since called up Phillipp Grubauer from AHL Hershey to fill the backup void.
Neuvirth has been used sparingly this season as head coach Adam Oates has gone primarily with Holtby in net. In seven appearances, Neuvirth has a 2-3-1 record with a 2.83 GAA and .912 save percentage.
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 2
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 20
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)