Dec 2, 2013, 10:45 AM EDT
Neuvirth, 25, was injured during warmup for Friday’s 3-2 shootout win over Montreal. He was supposed to make the start but exited just prior to puck drop, forcing Braden Holtby into action.
Video coach Brett Leonhardt was forced into action as an emergency No. 2 goalie for the Habs game, though the Caps have since called up Phillipp Grubauer from AHL Hershey to fill the backup void.
Neuvirth has been used sparingly this season as head coach Adam Oates has gone primarily with Holtby in net. In seven appearances, Neuvirth has a 2-3-1 record with a 2.83 GAA and .912 save percentage.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (85)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)