Dec 1, 2013, 12:15 AM EST
One second, Ben Scrivens looked to be in control of the puck; the next he was falling over.
That turned out to be trouble. The L.A. Kings goalie came out of his crease to handle of a long shoot-in with the Calgary Flames on the penalty kill, but stumbled over backwards, causing a loose puck.
Flames forward Paul Byron collected the puck, then, from on his belly, found Blair Jones, who fired it into the empty net to give Calgary a 1-0 lead in the second period of Saturday’s game.
It counted as a short-handed goal, with the Flames forced to kill of a major penalty for boarding assessed to defenseman Ladislav Smid, who was ejected from the game.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 0
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 0
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 8
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 20
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 44
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)