Dec 1, 2013, 6:44 PM EST
Big picture-wise, Ottawa Senators fans welcomed Daniel Alfredsson back on Sunday. As with many things, there were some exceptions.
The Senators franchise presented a two-minute video tribute and a warm message on Twitter. Here’s the clip:
The 41-year-old received a standing ovation that lasted for about three minutes, according to the Ottawa Sun’s Bruce Garrioch. The National Post’s Stephen Whyno reports that there was a woman chanting Alfie an hour before puck drop and that many – but not all – Sens fans whipped out their old chant for him at the 11-minute mark of the first period.
Still, there were some fans who held a grudge, including a few who were a little melodramatic (via Tyler Cooper).
Alfie funeral taking place outside CTC. pic.twitter.com/RjtlRcRtj0
— Tyler Cooper (@ClericalBeats) December 1, 2013
The positive fans outweighed the negative ones, though, it seemed.
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 18
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 19
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 22
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 39
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 9