Dec 1, 2013, 5:12 PM EDT
Ryan Kesler did the damage for Vancouver scoring twice, including one on the power play. Jason Garrison had two assists and Eddie Lack made 29 saves to earn the win. Kesler’s two goals give him 12 on the season. He had 26 goals combined over his past two seasons.
The Canucks are looking to find some consistency as they’ve won three times in their last six games. They’ll close out their four-game road trip on Tuesday in Nashville.
For Carolina, their streaky play continues on. Today’s loss was their second in a row following back-to-back wins and a four-game losing skid previous to that. Consistency isn’t just a sports buzzword, apparently. Both teams could use it.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 1
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 26
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)