Dec 1, 2013, 7:33 PM EST
Kane, 22, worked out off the ice on a stationary bike instead of practicing on Sunday, which isn’t a great sign.
It’s been a frustrating season so far for Kane, especially in November, as he only scored five points during that 12-game stretch. He’s already failed to record a point in 15 contests this season.
While his struggles are a problem, it doesn’t seem like head coach Claude Noel sees an obvious solution in his replacements.
“We’re trying to find personnel, more than anything,” said Noel. “We’ve got our 23 players and I don’t think there’s a lock on who can be on the power play. Whether you’ve got one unit, second unit, third unit, fourth unit, we need execution, we need puck recovery, we need winning battles and we need production. And we’re not getting it.
“It’s almost like an audition. Who wants this thing? I’ll just judge by who is playing well in the game. If guys are going good in the game, maybe they go. You’ve got to be ready to go.”
Well, that doesn’t sound very promising.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 3
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 5
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 39
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8