Dec 1, 2013, 7:33 PM EDT
Kane, 22, worked out off the ice on a stationary bike instead of practicing on Sunday, which isn’t a great sign.
It’s been a frustrating season so far for Kane, especially in November, as he only scored five points during that 12-game stretch. He’s already failed to record a point in 15 contests this season.
While his struggles are a problem, it doesn’t seem like head coach Claude Noel sees an obvious solution in his replacements.
“We’re trying to find personnel, more than anything,” said Noel. “We’ve got our 23 players and I don’t think there’s a lock on who can be on the power play. Whether you’ve got one unit, second unit, third unit, fourth unit, we need execution, we need puck recovery, we need winning battles and we need production. And we’re not getting it.
“It’s almost like an audition. Who wants this thing? I’ll just judge by who is playing well in the game. If guys are going good in the game, maybe they go. You’ve got to be ready to go.”
Well, that doesn’t sound very promising.
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 24
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 18
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)