Dec 1, 2013, 7:33 PM EDT
Kane, 22, worked out off the ice on a stationary bike instead of practicing on Sunday, which isn’t a great sign.
It’s been a frustrating season so far for Kane, especially in November, as he only scored five points during that 12-game stretch. He’s already failed to record a point in 15 contests this season.
While his struggles are a problem, it doesn’t seem like head coach Claude Noel sees an obvious solution in his replacements.
“We’re trying to find personnel, more than anything,” said Noel. “We’ve got our 23 players and I don’t think there’s a lock on who can be on the power play. Whether you’ve got one unit, second unit, third unit, fourth unit, we need execution, we need puck recovery, we need winning battles and we need production. And we’re not getting it.
“It’s almost like an audition. Who wants this thing? I’ll just judge by who is playing well in the game. If guys are going good in the game, maybe they go. You’ve got to be ready to go.”
Well, that doesn’t sound very promising.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 0
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53