Dec 1, 2013, 7:33 PM EDT
Kane, 22, worked out off the ice on a stationary bike instead of practicing on Sunday, which isn’t a great sign.
It’s been a frustrating season so far for Kane, especially in November, as he only scored five points during that 12-game stretch. He’s already failed to record a point in 15 contests this season.
While his struggles are a problem, it doesn’t seem like head coach Claude Noel sees an obvious solution in his replacements.
“We’re trying to find personnel, more than anything,” said Noel. “We’ve got our 23 players and I don’t think there’s a lock on who can be on the power play. Whether you’ve got one unit, second unit, third unit, fourth unit, we need execution, we need puck recovery, we need winning battles and we need production. And we’re not getting it.
“It’s almost like an audition. Who wants this thing? I’ll just judge by who is playing well in the game. If guys are going good in the game, maybe they go. You’ve got to be ready to go.”
Well, that doesn’t sound very promising.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)