Nov 30, 2013, 11:53 PM EST
It’s a showdown for first place in the Pacific Division. It’s a battle of two California teams. So, naturally, it would be a heated contest between the San Jose Sharks and Anaheim Ducks on Saturday.
The two pugilists traded some heavy shots in what was a quick scrap.
With only six seconds remaining in an emotionally charged first period, there was another scrum in four different receiving roughing minors – two for Anaheim, two for San Jose, although Sharks defenseman Jason Demers received an extra penalty.
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 2
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 13
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56