Nov 30, 2013, 11:53 PM EDT
It’s a showdown for first place in the Pacific Division. It’s a battle of two California teams. So, naturally, it would be a heated contest between the San Jose Sharks and Anaheim Ducks on Saturday.
The two pugilists traded some heavy shots in what was a quick scrap.
With only six seconds remaining in an emotionally charged first period, there was another scrum in four different receiving roughing minors – two for Anaheim, two for San Jose, although Sharks defenseman Jason Demers received an extra penalty.
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 5
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 16
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 36
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 7
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 44
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 105
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (89)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)