Nov 30, 2013, 11:53 PM EDT
It’s a showdown for first place in the Pacific Division. It’s a battle of two California teams. So, naturally, it would be a heated contest between the San Jose Sharks and Anaheim Ducks on Saturday.
The two pugilists traded some heavy shots in what was a quick scrap.
With only six seconds remaining in an emotionally charged first period, there was another scrum in four different receiving roughing minors – two for Anaheim, two for San Jose, although Sharks defenseman Jason Demers received an extra penalty.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39