Nov 30, 2013, 11:53 PM EDT
It’s a showdown for first place in the Pacific Division. It’s a battle of two California teams. So, naturally, it would be a heated contest between the San Jose Sharks and Anaheim Ducks on Saturday.
The two pugilists traded some heavy shots in what was a quick scrap.
With only six seconds remaining in an emotionally charged first period, there was another scrum in four different receiving roughing minors – two for Anaheim, two for San Jose, although Sharks defenseman Jason Demers received an extra penalty.
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession 0
- Video: Controversial Kane goal has Laviolette fuming 2
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 2
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 36
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 45
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38