Nov 30, 2013, 7:55 PM EDT
It took four tries, but Max Pacioretty wasn’t going to be denied.
The Montreal Canadiens forward opened the scoring against the Toronto Maple Leafs just 57 seconds into Saturday’s game, after getting a quartet of whacks on goalie Jonathan Bernier, who did everything he could do to prevent a goal.
Pacioretty was sent in on a breakaway thanks to a perfect stretch pass from P.K. Subban, but was denied on his first shot. He continued to whack away at the puck – he was really far out in front of Toronto’s defensive pairing – and was finally successful. It counts as his eighth goal of the season.
- WATCH LIVE: Tampa Bay Lightning at Montreal Canadiens (Game 3) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 23
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 50
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 82
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 23
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes (82)