Nov 30, 2013, 6:22 PM EDT
The game was over, but the fight was just getting started.
At the conclusion of the New York Rangers’ 5-2 win over the visiting Vancouver Canucks, defenseman Kevin Bieksa fought Brian Boyle in a scrap that didn’t seem to want to end. Both combatants continued exchanging shoves and grappling with each other once the linesmen moved in to break it up.
As both were finally separated, Bieksa grabbed Boyle’s helmet and punted it across the ice. Both players were assessed major penalties for fighting.
(This video is courtesy Wyatt Arndt – @TheStanchion – a blogger for The Province in Vancouver)
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)