Nov 30, 2013, 6:22 PM EDT
The game was over, but the fight was just getting started.
At the conclusion of the New York Rangers’ 5-2 win over the visiting Vancouver Canucks, defenseman Kevin Bieksa fought Brian Boyle in a scrap that didn’t seem to want to end. Both combatants continued exchanging shoves and grappling with each other once the linesmen moved in to break it up.
As both were finally separated, Bieksa grabbed Boyle’s helmet and punted it across the ice. Both players were assessed major penalties for fighting.
(This video is courtesy Wyatt Arndt – @TheStanchion – a blogger for The Province in Vancouver)
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 13
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 42
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 33
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (67)