Nov 30, 2013, 6:22 PM EST
The game was over, but the fight was just getting started.
At the conclusion of the New York Rangers’ 5-2 win over the visiting Vancouver Canucks, defenseman Kevin Bieksa fought Brian Boyle in a scrap that didn’t seem to want to end. Both combatants continued exchanging shoves and grappling with each other once the linesmen moved in to break it up.
As both were finally separated, Bieksa grabbed Boyle’s helmet and punted it across the ice. Both players were assessed major penalties for fighting.
(This video is courtesy Wyatt Arndt – @TheStanchion – a blogger for The Province in Vancouver)
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 13
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 42
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)