Nov 30, 2013, 6:22 PM EDT
The game was over, but the fight was just getting started.
At the conclusion of the New York Rangers’ 5-2 win over the visiting Vancouver Canucks, defenseman Kevin Bieksa fought Brian Boyle in a scrap that didn’t seem to want to end. Both combatants continued exchanging shoves and grappling with each other once the linesmen moved in to break it up.
As both were finally separated, Bieksa grabbed Boyle’s helmet and punted it across the ice. Both players were assessed major penalties for fighting.
(This video is courtesy Wyatt Arndt – @TheStanchion – a blogger for The Province in Vancouver)
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 2
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 15
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 24
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 42
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)