Nov 30, 2013, 6:22 PM EDT
The game was over, but the fight was just getting started.
At the conclusion of the New York Rangers’ 5-2 win over the visiting Vancouver Canucks, defenseman Kevin Bieksa fought Brian Boyle in a scrap that didn’t seem to want to end. Both combatants continued exchanging shoves and grappling with each other once the linesmen moved in to break it up.
As both were finally separated, Bieksa grabbed Boyle’s helmet and punted it across the ice. Both players were assessed major penalties for fighting.
(This video is courtesy Wyatt Arndt – @TheStanchion – a blogger for The Province in Vancouver)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 23
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 23
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)