Nov 30, 2013, 8:19 PM EDT
That’s according to the Penguins’ official Twitter account.
“I feel great. I don’t have any health issues. It’s hard to look that far ahead. Definitely if I can (return) I want to try,” said the 37-year-old Vokoun.
“In a month I’ll see the doctor (and) see what he thinks I should do. Then it’s up to me to weigh pros & cons and make a decision.”
Vokoun, in line to be the Penguins back-up goalie this season, had a blood clot in his pelvis dissolved in September. Initially, pain experienced at a practice led to the discovery of this clot.
In October, it was announced Vokoun would be out of the lineup for three to six months.
“I was lucky I was sent to hospital so quickly. I nearly died during weekend,” Vokoun said back in September.
“My foot was swollen, I had blood clots from mid-thigh almost to the heart. I was thinking about the end of my career. It would not be so difficult decision. Now I will do what doctors say. Health is clearly the main thing. I hope I have more than half of life ahead of me.“
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)