Nov 30, 2013, 8:19 PM EDT
That’s according to the Penguins’ official Twitter account.
“I feel great. I don’t have any health issues. It’s hard to look that far ahead. Definitely if I can (return) I want to try,” said the 37-year-old Vokoun.
“In a month I’ll see the doctor (and) see what he thinks I should do. Then it’s up to me to weigh pros & cons and make a decision.”
Vokoun, in line to be the Penguins back-up goalie this season, had a blood clot in his pelvis dissolved in September. Initially, pain experienced at a practice led to the discovery of this clot.
In October, it was announced Vokoun would be out of the lineup for three to six months.
“I was lucky I was sent to hospital so quickly. I nearly died during weekend,” Vokoun said back in September.
“My foot was swollen, I had blood clots from mid-thigh almost to the heart. I was thinking about the end of my career. It would not be so difficult decision. Now I will do what doctors say. Health is clearly the main thing. I hope I have more than half of life ahead of me.“
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 23
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 23
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)