Nov 30, 2013, 8:19 PM EDT
That’s according to the Penguins’ official Twitter account.
“I feel great. I don’t have any health issues. It’s hard to look that far ahead. Definitely if I can (return) I want to try,” said the 37-year-old Vokoun.
“In a month I’ll see the doctor (and) see what he thinks I should do. Then it’s up to me to weigh pros & cons and make a decision.”
Vokoun, in line to be the Penguins back-up goalie this season, had a blood clot in his pelvis dissolved in September. Initially, pain experienced at a practice led to the discovery of this clot.
In October, it was announced Vokoun would be out of the lineup for three to six months.
“I was lucky I was sent to hospital so quickly. I nearly died during weekend,” Vokoun said back in September.
“My foot was swollen, I had blood clots from mid-thigh almost to the heart. I was thinking about the end of my career. It would not be so difficult decision. Now I will do what doctors say. Health is clearly the main thing. I hope I have more than half of life ahead of me.“
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 6
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 3
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 23
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 15
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 75
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 40
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)