Nov 30, 2013, 8:19 PM EDT
That’s according to the Penguins’ official Twitter account.
“I feel great. I don’t have any health issues. It’s hard to look that far ahead. Definitely if I can (return) I want to try,” said the 37-year-old Vokoun.
“In a month I’ll see the doctor (and) see what he thinks I should do. Then it’s up to me to weigh pros & cons and make a decision.”
Vokoun, in line to be the Penguins back-up goalie this season, had a blood clot in his pelvis dissolved in September. Initially, pain experienced at a practice led to the discovery of this clot.
In October, it was announced Vokoun would be out of the lineup for three to six months.
“I was lucky I was sent to hospital so quickly. I nearly died during weekend,” Vokoun said back in September.
“My foot was swollen, I had blood clots from mid-thigh almost to the heart. I was thinking about the end of my career. It would not be so difficult decision. Now I will do what doctors say. Health is clearly the main thing. I hope I have more than half of life ahead of me.“
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 53
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 32
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 28
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 16
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 2
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 53
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 29
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)