Nov 30, 2013, 8:19 PM EST
That’s according to the Penguins’ official Twitter account.
“I feel great. I don’t have any health issues. It’s hard to look that far ahead. Definitely if I can (return) I want to try,” said the 37-year-old Vokoun.
“In a month I’ll see the doctor (and) see what he thinks I should do. Then it’s up to me to weigh pros & cons and make a decision.”
Vokoun, in line to be the Penguins back-up goalie this season, had a blood clot in his pelvis dissolved in September. Initially, pain experienced at a practice led to the discovery of this clot.
In October, it was announced Vokoun would be out of the lineup for three to six months.
“I was lucky I was sent to hospital so quickly. I nearly died during weekend,” Vokoun said back in September.
“My foot was swollen, I had blood clots from mid-thigh almost to the heart. I was thinking about the end of my career. It would not be so difficult decision. Now I will do what doctors say. Health is clearly the main thing. I hope I have more than half of life ahead of me.“
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 10
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 13
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 25
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 23
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 6
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)