Nov 30, 2013, 9:18 PM EDT
Tim Thomas didn’t have his best night for the Florida Panthers on Saturday.
The veteran 39-year-old goaltender started against the Pittsburgh Penguins, but wasn’t on the ice for the third period after allowing four goals only 13 shots through 40 minutes. That’s a .692 save percentage.
He was making his 11th consecutive start in goal for Florida.
The Penguins, as a result, jumped out to a 4-1 lead heading into the final period. Evgeni Malkin had a goal and two assists for Pittsburgh.
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 20
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 42
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 18
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 60
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 31
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 44
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)