Nov 30, 2013, 9:18 PM EST
Tim Thomas didn’t have his best night for the Florida Panthers on Saturday.
The veteran 39-year-old goaltender started against the Pittsburgh Penguins, but wasn’t on the ice for the third period after allowing four goals only 13 shots through 40 minutes. That’s a .692 save percentage.
He was making his 11th consecutive start in goal for Florida.
The Penguins, as a result, jumped out to a 4-1 lead heading into the final period. Evgeni Malkin had a goal and two assists for Pittsburgh.
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35