Nov 30, 2013, 6:00 PM EST
Paul Stastny is expected to return to the Colorado Avalanche lineup tonight in the back half of a home-and-home series against the Minnesota Wild.
Stastny missed Colorado’s last two games due to back spasms, but skated this morning, ahead of tonight’s game, according the Avalanche website.
“I should be fine. Just kind of a day-to-day thing acted up a little bit. I didn’t want to push it and try to come back too early and not finish a game, so tonight will be good,” Stastny told the Avalanche website.
“[Back spasms are] something I’ve dealt with for awhile, so to me it’s all about maintaining certain things away from the ice. Sometimes I’ve got to do better.”
In 22 games this season, Stastny has eight goals and 17 points. The Avalanche have won four of their last five games, including Friday’s 3-1 decision over the Wild.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 3
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 14
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5