Nov 30, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
Paul Stastny is expected to return to the Colorado Avalanche lineup tonight in the back half of a home-and-home series against the Minnesota Wild.
Stastny missed Colorado’s last two games due to back spasms, but skated this morning, ahead of tonight’s game, according the Avalanche website.
“I should be fine. Just kind of a day-to-day thing acted up a little bit. I didn’t want to push it and try to come back too early and not finish a game, so tonight will be good,” Stastny told the Avalanche website.
“[Back spasms are] something I’ve dealt with for awhile, so to me it’s all about maintaining certain things away from the ice. Sometimes I’ve got to do better.”
In 22 games this season, Stastny has eight goals and 17 points. The Avalanche have won four of their last five games, including Friday’s 3-1 decision over the Wild.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)