Nov 30, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
Paul Stastny is expected to return to the Colorado Avalanche lineup tonight in the back half of a home-and-home series against the Minnesota Wild.
Stastny missed Colorado’s last two games due to back spasms, but skated this morning, ahead of tonight’s game, according the Avalanche website.
“I should be fine. Just kind of a day-to-day thing acted up a little bit. I didn’t want to push it and try to come back too early and not finish a game, so tonight will be good,” Stastny told the Avalanche website.
“[Back spasms are] something I’ve dealt with for awhile, so to me it’s all about maintaining certain things away from the ice. Sometimes I’ve got to do better.”
In 22 games this season, Stastny has eight goals and 17 points. The Avalanche have won four of their last five games, including Friday’s 3-1 decision over the Wild.
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 1
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 8
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 14
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9