Nov 30, 2013, 12:53 PM EDT
The Stars placed Robidas on injured reserve with a broken leg and will miss 4-6 months with the injury. The team recalled Jamie Oleksiak to take his place on the roster.
Robidas was averaging nearly 20 minutes per game of ice time and had four goals and an assist in 24 games this season. His physical presence will be missed. Bringing Oleksiak back into the mix will help alleviate that as he’s shown he can handle himself just fine in that capacity.
With the Stars sitting in last place in the Central Division, the last thing they needed was a key defenseman to to go down. Losing him for this length of time is a big blow.
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 23
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 80
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 8
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 11
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 62
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 36