Nov 30, 2013, 12:53 PM EDT
The Stars placed Robidas on injured reserve with a broken leg and will miss 4-6 months with the injury. The team recalled Jamie Oleksiak to take his place on the roster.
Robidas was averaging nearly 20 minutes per game of ice time and had four goals and an assist in 24 games this season. His physical presence will be missed. Bringing Oleksiak back into the mix will help alleviate that as he’s shown he can handle himself just fine in that capacity.
With the Stars sitting in last place in the Central Division, the last thing they needed was a key defenseman to to go down. Losing him for this length of time is a big blow.
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 8
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)