Nov 30, 2013, 12:53 PM EDT
The Stars placed Robidas on injured reserve with a broken leg and will miss 4-6 months with the injury. The team recalled Jamie Oleksiak to take his place on the roster.
Robidas was averaging nearly 20 minutes per game of ice time and had four goals and an assist in 24 games this season. His physical presence will be missed. Bringing Oleksiak back into the mix will help alleviate that as he’s shown he can handle himself just fine in that capacity.
With the Stars sitting in last place in the Central Division, the last thing they needed was a key defenseman to to go down. Losing him for this length of time is a big blow.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 1
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 7
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)