Nov 30, 2013, 12:53 PM EST
The Stars placed Robidas on injured reserve with a broken leg and will miss 4-6 months with the injury. The team recalled Jamie Oleksiak to take his place on the roster.
Robidas was averaging nearly 20 minutes per game of ice time and had four goals and an assist in 24 games this season. His physical presence will be missed. Bringing Oleksiak back into the mix will help alleviate that as he’s shown he can handle himself just fine in that capacity.
With the Stars sitting in last place in the Central Division, the last thing they needed was a key defenseman to to go down. Losing him for this length of time is a big blow.
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 5
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 7
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 7
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 10
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)