Nov 30, 2013, 12:53 PM EST
The Stars placed Robidas on injured reserve with a broken leg and will miss 4-6 months with the injury. The team recalled Jamie Oleksiak to take his place on the roster.
Robidas was averaging nearly 20 minutes per game of ice time and had four goals and an assist in 24 games this season. His physical presence will be missed. Bringing Oleksiak back into the mix will help alleviate that as he’s shown he can handle himself just fine in that capacity.
With the Stars sitting in last place in the Central Division, the last thing they needed was a key defenseman to to go down. Losing him for this length of time is a big blow.
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 4
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 7
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 59
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 28
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 127
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc (59)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)