Nov 30, 2013, 11:14 PM EDT
Patrick Kaleta’s controversial 2013-14 season could very well be done.
According to reports, Kaleta is out for the remainder of the season with a torn ACL, suffered Friday in the Rochester Americans’ game against the Lake Erie Monsters. According to NHL.com, Kaleta’s leg struck the crossbar after he crashed with Monsters’ goalie Calvin Pickard.
Kaleta began the season with the Buffalo Sabres, and received a 10-game suspension for a hit to the head of Columbus Blue Jackets defenseman Jack Johnson.
At the beginning of November, Kaleta was put on waivers; he eventually cleared and was sent to the Amerks in the American Hockey League.
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 23
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 9
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 18
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)