Nov 30, 2013, 11:14 PM EDT
Patrick Kaleta’s controversial 2013-14 season could very well be done.
According to reports, Kaleta is out for the remainder of the season with a torn ACL, suffered Friday in the Rochester Americans’ game against the Lake Erie Monsters. According to NHL.com, Kaleta’s leg struck the crossbar after he crashed with Monsters’ goalie Calvin Pickard.
Kaleta began the season with the Buffalo Sabres, and received a 10-game suspension for a hit to the head of Columbus Blue Jackets defenseman Jack Johnson.
At the beginning of November, Kaleta was put on waivers; he eventually cleared and was sent to the Amerks in the American Hockey League.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 20
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 19
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 44
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 121
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 36
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 79
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7