Nov 30, 2013, 11:14 PM EDT
Patrick Kaleta’s controversial 2013-14 season could very well be done.
According to reports, Kaleta is out for the remainder of the season with a torn ACL, suffered Friday in the Rochester Americans’ game against the Lake Erie Monsters. According to NHL.com, Kaleta’s leg struck the crossbar after he crashed with Monsters’ goalie Calvin Pickard.
Kaleta began the season with the Buffalo Sabres, and received a 10-game suspension for a hit to the head of Columbus Blue Jackets defenseman Jack Johnson.
At the beginning of November, Kaleta was put on waivers; he eventually cleared and was sent to the Amerks in the American Hockey League.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 71
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 54
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 34
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)