Nov 30, 2013, 11:14 PM EDT
Patrick Kaleta’s controversial 2013-14 season could very well be done.
According to reports, Kaleta is out for the remainder of the season with a torn ACL, suffered Friday in the Rochester Americans’ game against the Lake Erie Monsters. According to NHL.com, Kaleta’s leg struck the crossbar after he crashed with Monsters’ goalie Calvin Pickard.
Kaleta began the season with the Buffalo Sabres, and received a 10-game suspension for a hit to the head of Columbus Blue Jackets defenseman Jack Johnson.
At the beginning of November, Kaleta was put on waivers; he eventually cleared and was sent to the Amerks in the American Hockey League.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 25
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 7
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (26)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)