Nov 30, 2013, 11:14 PM EST
Patrick Kaleta’s controversial 2013-14 season could very well be done.
According to reports, Kaleta is out for the remainder of the season with a torn ACL, suffered Friday in the Rochester Americans’ game against the Lake Erie Monsters. According to NHL.com, Kaleta’s leg struck the crossbar after he crashed with Monsters’ goalie Calvin Pickard.
Kaleta began the season with the Buffalo Sabres, and received a 10-game suspension for a hit to the head of Columbus Blue Jackets defenseman Jack Johnson.
At the beginning of November, Kaleta was put on waivers; he eventually cleared and was sent to the Amerks in the American Hockey League.
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 2
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 5
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 5
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 24
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)