Nov 30, 2013, 2:54 PM EST
Colorado Avalanche forward Cody McLeod may need to keep an eye out when his team faces the Minnesota Wild in the second game of their home-and-home set tonight in Denver.
According to a league source, the NHL will not suspend McLeod for his hit from behind on Wild defenseman Jonas Brodin in last night’s game. McLeod was given a five-minute major for boarding and a game misconduct for his hit on the second-year blue liner during the second period of the 3-1 Avalanche win against the Wild.
McLeod was already suspended once this season for a hit from behind on Detroit Red Wings defenseman Niklas Kronwall. He received a five-game ban for that play and after last night’s hit he could’ve been up for more. That will apparently not be the case now.
Dec 17, 2014, 2:27 PM EST
News and notes from around the crease…
Dec 17, 2014, 1:34 PM EST
That’s 16 documented cases league-wide.
Dec 17, 2014, 1:31 PM EST
Despite four straight losses and the memory of last season.
Dec 17, 2014, 1:23 PM EST
“In every game that he’s played, he hasn’t shown any signs of fatigue.”
Dec 17, 2014, 12:25 PM EST
“When we were winning games, it seemed those chances against would not go in.”
Dec 17, 2014, 12:21 PM EST
Preseason standout now up for grabs.
Dec 17, 2014, 11:57 AM EST
“You just have to find a way to be better so it’s not going to be about one call or one bounce.”
Dec 17, 2014, 11:57 AM EST
Which will make things interesting for both him and the Blue Jackets.
Dec 17, 2014, 11:06 AM EST
Beau Bennett still dealing with effects, Sidney Crosby has “passed the infectious period.”
Dec 17, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Says the move “reaffirms our vision of becoming an elite organization, both at the NHL and AHL levels.”
Dec 17, 2014, 10:45 AM EST
Both teams are dealing with some adversity right now.
Dec 17, 2014, 9:47 AM EST
“He’s done a tremendous job for us,” Joel Quenneville said.
Dec 17, 2014, 9:07 AM EST
Kris Versteeg and Eugene Melnyk play doctor.
Dec 17, 2014, 8:33 AM EST
Wednesday’s collection of links.
Dec 17, 2014, 2:02 AM EST
The Florida Panthers surpassed Boston in the East standings.
Dec 17, 2014, 1:26 AM EST
Patrick Kane gets the winner for Chicago.
Dec 17, 2014, 12:39 AM EST
And he hits the 20-goal mark. In 31 games.
Dec 17, 2014, 12:15 AM EST
One of these teams had to win.
Dec 16, 2014, 11:48 PM EST
It’s going around, as you all know.
Dec 16, 2014, 11:21 PM EST
Five of those seven games settled in OT or shootout.
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 3
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 2
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 2
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 19
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 55
- Eakins calls for patience in Edmonton, whether fans ‘like it or not’ 15
- Bruins have to ‘step up,’ starting tonight in Nashville 45
- Welcome Taylor Hall to the trade rumor mill 53