Nov 30, 2013, 12:24 PM EDT
The Nashville Predators are going to have to do things the hard way if they’re going to beat the Philadelphia Flyers at home tonight.
According to Predators PR man Kevin Wilson, the team will be without both captain Shea Weber and Kevin Klein tonight and have recalled Joe Piskula from AHL Milwaukee. The team also placed forward Filip Forsberg on injured reserve.
Weber was injured in the Predators’ loss to Edmonton on Thursday night after being struck in the face by a shot. He along with Klein make up two key members of their defensive unit. Josh Cooper of The Tennessean says rookie Seth Jones could wind up on the team’s top pairing with Roman Josi.
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 0
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 47
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 22
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 17
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 14
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)