Nov 30, 2013, 3:40 PM EDT
Karri Ramo was supposed to start in goal for the Calgary Flames against the Los Angeles Kings tonight in L.A. He put a scare into those plans when he left the ice apparently injured during the team’s morning skate.
There’s good news, however, as NHL.com’s Aaron Vickers reports Ramo is OK after what coach Bob Hartley calls a “stinger.”
The last thing the Flames needed to have happen was to lose a goalie on the road during morning skate, especially after Reto Berra gave up five to the Anaheim Ducks last night. At the very least, they don’t have to scramble for an emergency goalie the way the Washington Capitals did.
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 6
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 12
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 53
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30