Nov 30, 2013, 3:40 PM EDT
Karri Ramo was supposed to start in goal for the Calgary Flames against the Los Angeles Kings tonight in L.A. He put a scare into those plans when he left the ice apparently injured during the team’s morning skate.
There’s good news, however, as NHL.com’s Aaron Vickers reports Ramo is OK after what coach Bob Hartley calls a “stinger.”
The last thing the Flames needed to have happen was to lose a goalie on the road during morning skate, especially after Reto Berra gave up five to the Anaheim Ducks last night. At the very least, they don’t have to scramble for an emergency goalie the way the Washington Capitals did.
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 0
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 22
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 22
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 134
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 81