Nov 30, 2013, 3:40 PM EDT
Karri Ramo was supposed to start in goal for the Calgary Flames against the Los Angeles Kings tonight in L.A. He put a scare into those plans when he left the ice apparently injured during the team’s morning skate.
There’s good news, however, as NHL.com’s Aaron Vickers reports Ramo is OK after what coach Bob Hartley calls a “stinger.”
The last thing the Flames needed to have happen was to lose a goalie on the road during morning skate, especially after Reto Berra gave up five to the Anaheim Ducks last night. At the very least, they don’t have to scramble for an emergency goalie the way the Washington Capitals did.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5