Nov 30, 2013, 3:40 PM EDT
Karri Ramo was supposed to start in goal for the Calgary Flames against the Los Angeles Kings tonight in L.A. He put a scare into those plans when he left the ice apparently injured during the team’s morning skate.
There’s good news, however, as NHL.com’s Aaron Vickers reports Ramo is OK after what coach Bob Hartley calls a “stinger.”
The last thing the Flames needed to have happen was to lose a goalie on the road during morning skate, especially after Reto Berra gave up five to the Anaheim Ducks last night. At the very least, they don’t have to scramble for an emergency goalie the way the Washington Capitals did.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 23
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 40
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 29
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 26
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 24
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 58
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6