Nov 30, 2013, 3:40 PM EDT
Karri Ramo was supposed to start in goal for the Calgary Flames against the Los Angeles Kings tonight in L.A. He put a scare into those plans when he left the ice apparently injured during the team’s morning skate.
There’s good news, however, as NHL.com’s Aaron Vickers reports Ramo is OK after what coach Bob Hartley calls a “stinger.”
The last thing the Flames needed to have happen was to lose a goalie on the road during morning skate, especially after Reto Berra gave up five to the Anaheim Ducks last night. At the very least, they don’t have to scramble for an emergency goalie the way the Washington Capitals did.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 43
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 34
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 65
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 10
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22