Nov 30, 2013, 6:42 PM EST
It can be funny how quickly things can change in just a few days.
Earlier this week, Dmitry Orlov, through his agent Mark Gandler, demanded a trade from the Washington Capitals after a series of recalls to the National Hockey League and reassignments to the Hershey Bears in the American Hockey League.
The 22-year-old defenseman wasn’t happy with not only the constant up-and-downs, but also the fact that when he was recalled to Washington, he never made it into the lineup.
Yet, despite his trade demand, Orlov will finally make his season debut for the Capitals tonight against the New York Islanders.
“Of course I’m excited, I’ve waited for a long time,” Orlov said, as per the Washington Post.
“I’m ready to play, finally it happens. My mind is on what I do, what I need to bring towards the game.”
Orlov does have 65 games experience with the Capitals, with most of that dating back to the 2011-12 season. He appeared in five games during the lockout-shortened season.
The Washington Post also reported that forward Brooks Laich will miss tonight’s game – his second in a row – with a lower-body injury.
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 32
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 1
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 16
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 16
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 27
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 23
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)