Nov 30, 2013, 6:42 PM EDT
It can be funny how quickly things can change in just a few days.
Earlier this week, Dmitry Orlov, through his agent Mark Gandler, demanded a trade from the Washington Capitals after a series of recalls to the National Hockey League and reassignments to the Hershey Bears in the American Hockey League.
The 22-year-old defenseman wasn’t happy with not only the constant up-and-downs, but also the fact that when he was recalled to Washington, he never made it into the lineup.
Yet, despite his trade demand, Orlov will finally make his season debut for the Capitals tonight against the New York Islanders.
“Of course I’m excited, I’ve waited for a long time,” Orlov said, as per the Washington Post.
“I’m ready to play, finally it happens. My mind is on what I do, what I need to bring towards the game.”
Orlov does have 65 games experience with the Capitals, with most of that dating back to the 2011-12 season. He appeared in five games during the lockout-shortened season.
The Washington Post also reported that forward Brooks Laich will miss tonight’s game – his second in a row – with a lower-body injury.
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 17
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 14
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)