Nov 30, 2013, 6:42 PM EDT
It can be funny how quickly things can change in just a few days.
Earlier this week, Dmitry Orlov, through his agent Mark Gandler, demanded a trade from the Washington Capitals after a series of recalls to the National Hockey League and reassignments to the Hershey Bears in the American Hockey League.
The 22-year-old defenseman wasn’t happy with not only the constant up-and-downs, but also the fact that when he was recalled to Washington, he never made it into the lineup.
Yet, despite his trade demand, Orlov will finally make his season debut for the Capitals tonight against the New York Islanders.
“Of course I’m excited, I’ve waited for a long time,” Orlov said, as per the Washington Post.
“I’m ready to play, finally it happens. My mind is on what I do, what I need to bring towards the game.”
Orlov does have 65 games experience with the Capitals, with most of that dating back to the 2011-12 season. He appeared in five games during the lockout-shortened season.
The Washington Post also reported that forward Brooks Laich will miss tonight’s game – his second in a row – with a lower-body injury.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 71
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 54
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 34
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)