Nov 30, 2013, 6:42 PM EDT
It can be funny how quickly things can change in just a few days.
Earlier this week, Dmitry Orlov, through his agent Mark Gandler, demanded a trade from the Washington Capitals after a series of recalls to the National Hockey League and reassignments to the Hershey Bears in the American Hockey League.
The 22-year-old defenseman wasn’t happy with not only the constant up-and-downs, but also the fact that when he was recalled to Washington, he never made it into the lineup.
Yet, despite his trade demand, Orlov will finally make his season debut for the Capitals tonight against the New York Islanders.
“Of course I’m excited, I’ve waited for a long time,” Orlov said, as per the Washington Post.
“I’m ready to play, finally it happens. My mind is on what I do, what I need to bring towards the game.”
Orlov does have 65 games experience with the Capitals, with most of that dating back to the 2011-12 season. He appeared in five games during the lockout-shortened season.
The Washington Post also reported that forward Brooks Laich will miss tonight’s game – his second in a row – with a lower-body injury.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 0
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 15
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 88
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 12
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 34
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (88)