Nov 30, 2013, 8:32 PM EDT
Morreale reported on Twitter that Carter sustained lacerations after a first period fight with Sabres’ forward Marcus Foligno, and has left the game as a result.
The scrap occurred just over two minutes into the opening period. Carter took a heavy punch from Foligno, and fell to the ice. Foligno bent down to check on Carter immediately after he hit the ice.
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 34
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 27
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 3
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 18
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 61
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 25