Nov 30, 2013, 8:32 PM EDT
Morreale reported on Twitter that Carter sustained lacerations after a first period fight with Sabres’ forward Marcus Foligno, and has left the game as a result.
The scrap occurred just over two minutes into the opening period. Carter took a heavy punch from Foligno, and fell to the ice. Foligno bent down to check on Carter immediately after he hit the ice.
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 0
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 12
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6