Nov 30, 2013, 8:32 PM EST
Morreale reported on Twitter that Carter sustained lacerations after a first period fight with Sabres’ forward Marcus Foligno, and has left the game as a result.
The scrap occurred just over two minutes into the opening period. Carter took a heavy punch from Foligno, and fell to the ice. Foligno bent down to check on Carter immediately after he hit the ice.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 57
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 35
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12