Nov 30, 2013, 10:52 PM EST
The Montreal Canadiens started early and finished strong against their long-time rivals from Toronto.
In a classic Saturday night match-up, the Canadiens triumphed over the Maple Leafs by a final score of 4-2, claiming their fifth victory in the last six games. The Habs have 11 of a possible 12 points in that span.
They didn’t waste any time putting the Leafs in the rear-view mirror.
Max Pacioretty scored 58 seconds into the game on a rebound opportunity, after his initial shot on a breakaway was stopped, as were the other two second chances he got on Leafs goalie Jonathan Bernier.
Pacioretty also scored short-handed in the second period to put the Habs up four goals. He then used his stick like an sword, which seemed to fire up the Leafs.
The comeback would fall short.
The Habs improved their record to 7-1-2 over the last 10 games. There are three other teams in the East with that many wins over this most recent 10-game stretch. They include the Boston Bruins, Pittsburgh Penguins and Philadelphia Flyers.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 2
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 4
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 1
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 10
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 17
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)