Nov 30, 2013, 5:37 PM EDT
His goal production is down compared to years past.
But Boston Bruins forward Jarome Iginla isn’t dwelling on that, at least not publicly, despite just five goals in 26 games this season, which comes after he signed a one-year deal worth $6 million in total this summer.
The 36-year-old right winger has twice scored 50 goals or more in a season, and isn’t far removed from 32 and 43-goal seasons with the Calgary Flames.
“There have been different years where the goals come at different times. It can really switch fast. What I’ve learned over the years is just to make sure you’re shooting the puck. I believe they will come in time, but at least we’re winning hockey games right now,” Iginla told CSNNE.com.
“You just need to keep working hard, and keep getting better. You’re in good scoring situations, so you want to produce. But it’s important to also stay positive.”
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 24
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 72
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (73)