Nov 30, 2013, 5:37 PM EST
His goal production is down compared to years past.
But Boston Bruins forward Jarome Iginla isn’t dwelling on that, at least not publicly, despite just five goals in 26 games this season, which comes after he signed a one-year deal worth $6 million in total this summer.
The 36-year-old right winger has twice scored 50 goals or more in a season, and isn’t far removed from 32 and 43-goal seasons with the Calgary Flames.
“There have been different years where the goals come at different times. It can really switch fast. What I’ve learned over the years is just to make sure you’re shooting the puck. I believe they will come in time, but at least we’re winning hockey games right now,” Iginla told CSNNE.com.
“You just need to keep working hard, and keep getting better. You’re in good scoring situations, so you want to produce. But it’s important to also stay positive.”
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)