Nov 30, 2013, 11:41 PM EDT
If there is ever such a thing as away-ice advantage, the Chicago Blackhawks had it.
The Blackhawks concluded a seven-game road trip on Saturday with a 5-2 victory over the host Phoenix Coyotes. That gave them six victories in a row, all coming while play away from Chicago, as the annual Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus took over the United Center.
The Blackhawks had opened up a five-point lead in the Central Division, with this win.
They opened up a three-goal lead before the game was even 12 minutes old, including a five-on-three power play goal from Patrick Kane just a little over two minutes in.
Kane finished with a goal and an assist.
Giving the Blackhawks a two-man advantage so early on was an aspect of the evening that Coyotes head coach Dave Tippett lamented later on.
“It’s so foreign to what you have to do that it’s almost inconceivable we could do it, but we did,” he said, as per Sarah McLellan of azcentral sports.
“Give them a 5-on-3 early just to make sure they get going, and then we give up a poor goal, a goal that should be stopped.”
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 6
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 14
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 54
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)