Nov 29, 2013, 12:13 PM EST
Finally! A chance to write about Rob Ford on PHT.
From QMI Agency:
U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers could put a snag in Mayor Rob Ford’s plan to go to the NHL Winter Classic in Michigan on Jan. 1, a Toronto-based immigration lawyer says.
In fact, they might have something to say about all of his future travel into the U.S., said Henry Chang, an immigration lawyer at Blaney McMurtry.
Chang said Ford’s televised admission he smoked crack cocaine and the subsequent media firestorm could cause serious problems for him when he tries to cross the border. Ford will need to do that to see his beloved Toronto Maple Leafs clash with the Detroit Red Wings at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor on New Year’s Day.
QMI Agency wasn’t the only media outlet to contact an expert about his potential to successfully cross the border. Yahoo Canada News did the same thing, and got the same answer.
“His public admission of illegal drug use could be enough to prevent him from admission by US border officials,” immigration expert Michael Niren said.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)