Nov 29, 2013, 6:09 PM EDT
Minnesota Wild star Zach Parise was supposed to miss two-to-three weeks with a bruised foot. Instead, it looks like he won’t even miss two games.
The team announced that the prolific winger will play against the Colorado Avalanche on Friday. The 29-year-old stunned head coach Mike Yeo by practicing on Wednesday and is now shocking many onlookers by beating even the best estimates by coming back tonight.
He missed Wednesday’s 3-1 loss to the Phoenix Coyotes, but apparently that’s it. For now.
Of course, while there’s jubilation for a quick return, there’s also the reflexive concern that he might be pushing it. It seemed like Parise did just that on Monday, as he attempted to come back once or twice after hurting his foot blocking that shot.
Here’s video of the injury taking place:
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)