Nov 29, 2013, 6:09 PM EDT
Minnesota Wild star Zach Parise was supposed to miss two-to-three weeks with a bruised foot. Instead, it looks like he won’t even miss two games.
The team announced that the prolific winger will play against the Colorado Avalanche on Friday. The 29-year-old stunned head coach Mike Yeo by practicing on Wednesday and is now shocking many onlookers by beating even the best estimates by coming back tonight.
He missed Wednesday’s 3-1 loss to the Phoenix Coyotes, but apparently that’s it. For now.
Of course, while there’s jubilation for a quick return, there’s also the reflexive concern that he might be pushing it. It seemed like Parise did just that on Monday, as he attempted to come back once or twice after hurting his foot blocking that shot.
Here’s video of the injury taking place:
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 3
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 35
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 25
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 90
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- On the hot seat: McPhee will ‘talk in a couple of days’ 21
- Bruins are 7/2 favorites to win the Stanley Cup; Blues next at 6/1 49
- End of an era: Trotz out as Nashville head coach 40
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (90)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)