Nov 29, 2013, 6:09 PM EDT
Minnesota Wild star Zach Parise was supposed to miss two-to-three weeks with a bruised foot. Instead, it looks like he won’t even miss two games.
The team announced that the prolific winger will play against the Colorado Avalanche on Friday. The 29-year-old stunned head coach Mike Yeo by practicing on Wednesday and is now shocking many onlookers by beating even the best estimates by coming back tonight.
He missed Wednesday’s 3-1 loss to the Phoenix Coyotes, but apparently that’s it. For now.
Of course, while there’s jubilation for a quick return, there’s also the reflexive concern that he might be pushing it. It seemed like Parise did just that on Monday, as he attempted to come back once or twice after hurting his foot blocking that shot.
Here’s video of the injury taking place:
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)