Nov 29, 2013, 6:09 PM EDT
Minnesota Wild star Zach Parise was supposed to miss two-to-three weeks with a bruised foot. Instead, it looks like he won’t even miss two games.
The team announced that the prolific winger will play against the Colorado Avalanche on Friday. The 29-year-old stunned head coach Mike Yeo by practicing on Wednesday and is now shocking many onlookers by beating even the best estimates by coming back tonight.
He missed Wednesday’s 3-1 loss to the Phoenix Coyotes, but apparently that’s it. For now.
Of course, while there’s jubilation for a quick return, there’s also the reflexive concern that he might be pushing it. It seemed like Parise did just that on Monday, as he attempted to come back once or twice after hurting his foot blocking that shot.
Here’s video of the injury taking place:
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 34
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 3
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 21
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 19
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Video: More late-game nastiness between Flames, Canucks 17
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (171)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)