Nov 29, 2013, 6:09 PM EST
Minnesota Wild star Zach Parise was supposed to miss two-to-three weeks with a bruised foot. Instead, it looks like he won’t even miss two games.
The team announced that the prolific winger will play against the Colorado Avalanche on Friday. The 29-year-old stunned head coach Mike Yeo by practicing on Wednesday and is now shocking many onlookers by beating even the best estimates by coming back tonight.
He missed Wednesday’s 3-1 loss to the Phoenix Coyotes, but apparently that’s it. For now.
Of course, while there’s jubilation for a quick return, there’s also the reflexive concern that he might be pushing it. It seemed like Parise did just that on Monday, as he attempted to come back once or twice after hurting his foot blocking that shot.
Here’s video of the injury taking place:
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 2
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 16
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 81
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (81)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)