Nov 29, 2013, 7:14 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks ended a St. Louis Blues’ winning streak for the second time this season, topping them 6-3 on Friday.
The Sharks have outscored the Blues 12-5 in the Western powerhouses’ two matchups. The Blues came into today’s game with a five-game winning streak and had won four in a row before San Jose beat them 6-2 on Oct. 15.
Brent Burns stole the headlines today, collecting his first career hat trick plus an assist. Here are his three goals in a steady stream of videos:
He wasn’t the only Sharks forward to have a nice day, as Joe Thornton scored a goal and nabbed two assists and Logan Couture had three helpers while Tomas Hertl (one goal, one assist) and Joe Pavelski (two assists) enjoyed two-point outputs.
It’s wise not to overreact to two games, but these contests might be worth noting if the two teams meet in the playoffs. Their last regular season meeting comes in St. Louis on Dec. 17.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)