Nov 29, 2013, 7:14 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks ended a St. Louis Blues’ winning streak for the second time this season, topping them 6-3 on Friday.
The Sharks have outscored the Blues 12-5 in the Western powerhouses’ two matchups. The Blues came into today’s game with a five-game winning streak and had won four in a row before San Jose beat them 6-2 on Oct. 15.
Brent Burns stole the headlines today, collecting his first career hat trick plus an assist. Here are his three goals in a steady stream of videos:
He wasn’t the only Sharks forward to have a nice day, as Joe Thornton scored a goal and nabbed two assists and Logan Couture had three helpers while Tomas Hertl (one goal, one assist) and Joe Pavelski (two assists) enjoyed two-point outputs.
It’s wise not to overreact to two games, but these contests might be worth noting if the two teams meet in the playoffs. Their last regular season meeting comes in St. Louis on Dec. 17.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18