Nov 29, 2013, 7:14 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks ended a St. Louis Blues’ winning streak for the second time this season, topping them 6-3 on Friday.
The Sharks have outscored the Blues 12-5 in the Western powerhouses’ two matchups. The Blues came into today’s game with a five-game winning streak and had won four in a row before San Jose beat them 6-2 on Oct. 15.
Brent Burns stole the headlines today, collecting his first career hat trick plus an assist. Here are his three goals in a steady stream of videos:
He wasn’t the only Sharks forward to have a nice day, as Joe Thornton scored a goal and nabbed two assists and Logan Couture had three helpers while Tomas Hertl (one goal, one assist) and Joe Pavelski (two assists) enjoyed two-point outputs.
It’s wise not to overreact to two games, but these contests might be worth noting if the two teams meet in the playoffs. Their last regular season meeting comes in St. Louis on Dec. 17.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 4
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38