Nov 29, 2013, 7:14 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks ended a St. Louis Blues’ winning streak for the second time this season, topping them 6-3 on Friday.
The Sharks have outscored the Blues 12-5 in the Western powerhouses’ two matchups. The Blues came into today’s game with a five-game winning streak and had won four in a row before San Jose beat them 6-2 on Oct. 15.
Brent Burns stole the headlines today, collecting his first career hat trick plus an assist. Here are his three goals in a steady stream of videos:
He wasn’t the only Sharks forward to have a nice day, as Joe Thornton scored a goal and nabbed two assists and Logan Couture had three helpers while Tomas Hertl (one goal, one assist) and Joe Pavelski (two assists) enjoyed two-point outputs.
It’s wise not to overreact to two games, but these contests might be worth noting if the two teams meet in the playoffs. Their last regular season meeting comes in St. Louis on Dec. 17.
- Report: Wild’s Harding likely out months, not weeks 0
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 9
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 38
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 17
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 7
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 59
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (60)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (42)