Nov 29, 2013, 7:14 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks ended a St. Louis Blues’ winning streak for the second time this season, topping them 6-3 on Friday.
The Sharks have outscored the Blues 12-5 in the Western powerhouses’ two matchups. The Blues came into today’s game with a five-game winning streak and had won four in a row before San Jose beat them 6-2 on Oct. 15.
Brent Burns stole the headlines today, collecting his first career hat trick plus an assist. Here are his three goals in a steady stream of videos:
He wasn’t the only Sharks forward to have a nice day, as Joe Thornton scored a goal and nabbed two assists and Logan Couture had three helpers while Tomas Hertl (one goal, one assist) and Joe Pavelski (two assists) enjoyed two-point outputs.
It’s wise not to overreact to two games, but these contests might be worth noting if the two teams meet in the playoffs. Their last regular season meeting comes in St. Louis on Dec. 17.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 19
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 62
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 8
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 31
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (62)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)