Nov 29, 2013, 6:29 PM EDT
Update: Crosby added a third assist to give him his 701th career point as the Pittsburgh Penguins beat the Tampa Bay Lightning 3-0 on Friday.
Sidney Crosby generated three points on Friday, passing the 700-point barrier in his already outstanding NHL career. He managed to do so before playing in 500 contests (he played game No. 497 tonight).
Fittingly, Crosby got to that point by generating two primary assists.* The first (career point No. 699) came from one of this most common beneficiaries: Chris Kunitz.
Point No. 700 happened when he assisted on a Brandon Sutter goal:
It’s an impressive achievement, even if it also makes you wonder what kind of numbers Crosby could boast if he had better injury luck. At 26, he can easily make up for lost time, however.
* – The third assist wasn’t a primary one. It came on a Kunitz empy-netter.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)