Nov 29, 2013, 6:29 PM EDT
Update: Crosby added a third assist to give him his 701th career point as the Pittsburgh Penguins beat the Tampa Bay Lightning 3-0 on Friday.
Sidney Crosby generated three points on Friday, passing the 700-point barrier in his already outstanding NHL career. He managed to do so before playing in 500 contests (he played game No. 497 tonight).
Fittingly, Crosby got to that point by generating two primary assists.* The first (career point No. 699) came from one of this most common beneficiaries: Chris Kunitz.
Point No. 700 happened when he assisted on a Brandon Sutter goal:
It’s an impressive achievement, even if it also makes you wonder what kind of numbers Crosby could boast if he had better injury luck. At 26, he can easily make up for lost time, however.
* – The third assist wasn’t a primary one. It came on a Kunitz empy-netter.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (86)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)