Nov 29, 2013, 6:29 PM EST
Update: Crosby added a third assist to give him his 701th career point as the Pittsburgh Penguins beat the Tampa Bay Lightning 3-0 on Friday.
Sidney Crosby generated three points on Friday, passing the 700-point barrier in his already outstanding NHL career. He managed to do so before playing in 500 contests (he played game No. 497 tonight).
Fittingly, Crosby got to that point by generating two primary assists.* The first (career point No. 699) came from one of this most common beneficiaries: Chris Kunitz.
Point No. 700 happened when he assisted on a Brandon Sutter goal:
It’s an impressive achievement, even if it also makes you wonder what kind of numbers Crosby could boast if he had better injury luck. At 26, he can easily make up for lost time, however.
* – The third assist wasn’t a primary one. It came on a Kunitz empy-netter.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)