Nov 29, 2013, 6:29 PM EDT
Update: Crosby added a third assist to give him his 701th career point as the Pittsburgh Penguins beat the Tampa Bay Lightning 3-0 on Friday.
Sidney Crosby generated three points on Friday, passing the 700-point barrier in his already outstanding NHL career. He managed to do so before playing in 500 contests (he played game No. 497 tonight).
Fittingly, Crosby got to that point by generating two primary assists.* The first (career point No. 699) came from one of this most common beneficiaries: Chris Kunitz.
Point No. 700 happened when he assisted on a Brandon Sutter goal:
It’s an impressive achievement, even if it also makes you wonder what kind of numbers Crosby could boast if he had better injury luck. At 26, he can easily make up for lost time, however.
* – The third assist wasn’t a primary one. It came on a Kunitz empy-netter.
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 12
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 6
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 34
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)