Nov 29, 2013, 3:18 PM EDT
While the fight didn’t last long and Boyle looked overmatched, it’s still fair to call this one of the biggest tilts of the year — Boyle (6-foot-7, 244 pounds) is listed as the fifth-tallest player player in the league while Chara (6-foot-9, 255) tops the list.
It’s possible the Bruins got a lift from the scrap, as Patrice Bergeron scored just 1:35 into the third period to even the score at two. Brad Marchand opened the game’s scoring at 11:42 of the first period, but New York responded quickly with a pair of tallies from Rick Nash and Ryan McDonagh — scored roughly 90 seconds apart — to take the lead.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39