Nov 29, 2013, 10:22 PM EDT
Update: Robidas has been taken to a hospital (the UT Southwestern Center) with a fractured leg, CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers reports.
It’s believed that he twisted his right knee/leg during the fall. Video (or a GIF) of the unfortunate incident will be added when or if it’s available.
The 36-year-old isn’t a widely known blueliner, but his versatility has served the Stars well over the years. He was commended for that when he played in the 2009 NHL All-Star Game.
While it seems like his role has diminished a bit this season – he’s averaging almost two fewer minutes per game – this could still be a substantial loss for Dallas. PHT will keep an eye out for updates regarding his condition.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 21
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 16
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 27
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 61
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (65)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)