Nov 29, 2013, 10:22 PM EDT
Update: Robidas has been taken to a hospital (the UT Southwestern Center) with a fractured leg, CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers reports.
It’s believed that he twisted his right knee/leg during the fall. Video (or a GIF) of the unfortunate incident will be added when or if it’s available.
The 36-year-old isn’t a widely known blueliner, but his versatility has served the Stars well over the years. He was commended for that when he played in the 2009 NHL All-Star Game.
While it seems like his role has diminished a bit this season – he’s averaging almost two fewer minutes per game – this could still be a substantial loss for Dallas. PHT will keep an eye out for updates regarding his condition.
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 0
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 32
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)