Nov 29, 2013, 10:22 PM EDT
Update: Robidas has been taken to a hospital (the UT Southwestern Center) with a fractured leg, CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers reports.
It’s believed that he twisted his right knee/leg during the fall. Video (or a GIF) of the unfortunate incident will be added when or if it’s available.
The 36-year-old isn’t a widely known blueliner, but his versatility has served the Stars well over the years. He was commended for that when he played in the 2009 NHL All-Star Game.
While it seems like his role has diminished a bit this season – he’s averaging almost two fewer minutes per game – this could still be a substantial loss for Dallas. PHT will keep an eye out for updates regarding his condition.
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 3
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 35
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 25
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 90
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- On the hot seat: McPhee will ‘talk in a couple of days’ 21
- Bruins are 7/2 favorites to win the Stanley Cup; Blues next at 6/1 49
- End of an era: Trotz out as Nashville head coach 40
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (90)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)